This is a great, nutrient-dense, whole food, filling, high protein breakfast! And it’s a great base to add all your favorite oatmeal fixin’s!
Check out this video of my girls and I whipping this up as we are getting ready for school…yep this is a for real school morning…see how easy it is to have a wholesome, healthy breakfast!
I made 4 servings in the video, but the recipe is for a single serving, so you can make however much you need!
High Protein Oatmeal
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Serves: 1
- 1 egg
- 1tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4cup water – eyeball this
- 1/2 TBSP Chia Seeds
- Optional Additions:
- Sweetener of choice
- Nut butter
- Place coconut oil in a pan, add oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and water. Stir to combine
- Cook on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, until the oatmeal is thick and soft
- Add your favorite additions, like berries or other fruit, nut butters &/or Sweeteners